Prefer To Talk To A Professional?
Water damage can be a growing problem. The longer you wait to resolve the problem, the worse it becomes. If your property has carpeting, you can expect the following:
- Tearing and Ripping: Water weakens the carpet fibers and latex backing over time causing the carpet to become more susceptible to tears and rips.
- Fire Hazard: Some properties may have electrical wiring underneath the carpets. Over time, the insulation barrier may become weak and when in close contact with water become a serious fire hazard.
- Mold Growth: Any damp surface exposed to water damage such as carpets and drywalls are prone to grow harmful fungi like mold.
- Musty Odors: Stale moisture on carpets and mold growth produce musty smells that are hard to get rid of. Air fresheners only mask these odd smells but don’t necessarily remove their causes.
- Pest Attraction: Common household pest are drawn in by damp surfaces. Rats and roaches love it even more when that surface is your carpet. These pests can haul in deadly germs that can infect people and pets that come into direct contact with the carpet.
- Immediately contact a restoration company to come out and mitigate any damage.
- Shut off the water valve to stop the water flow from flooding or damaging the affected area.
- Remove as much excess water as possible from the floor or walls by using a bucket or drape to throw out any water.
Fire & Smoke
- Do not try to wash or wipe absorbent surfaces such as wood and drywall.
- Avoid contact with any upholstered surfaces.
- Do not consume any food or drinks exposed to extreme heat or smoke.
- Do not use any electric appliances until a professional confirms it is safe to use.
- Immediately wash any items such as clothes, drapes, and floor coverings that were exposed to smoke.
Smoke can act as an acid and will eat away at different materials if left too long. As a result, the structure will weaken, contents will be damaged, and it will create a health risk. Our 24/7 fire damage team will quickly clean up and restore your home to pre-fire condition. You can schedule a free inspection with us today, or contact 1 (844) DRY-WATER.
Mold spores are extremely minuscule, lightweight, and easily detached by airflow, vacuuming, walking on carpet, or sitting on a couch. They produce and release millions of spores, which are small enough to stay airborne, threatening to attack the human respiratory system.
Mold growths can frequently be seen in the form of discoloration, ranging from white to orange and from green to brown or black. For mold to grow, it needs food sources (such as leaves, wood, paper, or dirt), a source of moisture, and a place to grow.
While mold exists everywhere, it sometimes takes on a dangerous form. The scientific name for the greenish-black mold that turns up on carpet, wallpaper, and ceiling tiles is Stachybotrys Chartarum or Black Mold. It produces a mycotoxin that causes mycotoxicosis, and is thought to be the cause of Sick Building Syndrome (SBS).
Mold is most commonly found in buildings and homes, but it can be found in many areas. It will grow in any place that has a lot of moisture, such as around water leaks, or where there has been flooding.
Try to not disrupt the area where the mold is. Call our mold remediation team to schedule a mold remediation inspection. Our trained specialist will safely remediate the mold from your home or business with minimal disruptions. You can schedule a free inspection with us today, or contact 1 (844) DRY-WATER.
Asbestos is a mineral mined from the Earth on an industrial scale and was used in thousands of products. If exposed to disturbed fibers, it can cause various types of cancer, including mesothelioma, asbestosis, and lung cancer.
Buildings built before 1985 are likely to be originally constructed with asbestos. If left undisturbed and is in good shape, it poses no health hazard. In order to determine if asbestos is present a sample must be taken and analyzed by an independent testing laboratory.
If you suspect asbestos in your property, DO NOT touch or disturb it. We can assist by arranging an asbestos testing company to perform an analysis and comprehensive survey. If the results are positive for asbestos, contact our environmental team of experts to compose an asbestos abatement plan and estimate. You can schedule a free inspection with us today, or contact 1 (844) DRY-WATER.
Yes. We understand it can be overwhelming when your property suffers a loss. That’s why we work hard to make the process easier for you. Our team will provide you with the right tools and support to submit an accurate and successful claim without the hassle and stress.