06
Apr

Life is a routine and in that routine you follow a sequence that most of the times doesn’t have space for modifications or adjustments to it. This is a huge problem considering the rainy weather, the humidity, and occasional flooding of certain parts of South Florida

So you come home after a long day of work and it’s been raining non-stop. The street is flooded and some of it is going into certain parts of the house. You rush in and grab a mop, a pail, a towel, just anything really to dry out the wet floors and lower walls.

You spend a while drying everything out and you think you’re done. You wake up the next day and you have that wet smell in the house. You grab the air freshener and are able to take care of the smell. A couple of days pass by and that incident is out of sight, out of mind. Unfortunately, the mold spores haven’t said goodbye.

At first the mold spores won’t really affect you. It’ll take a while for mold to become visible as well. However, within time mold spores in high quantities can affect you. Not only does it damage the look of the walls and floor but it can cause allergic reactions, and other symptoms such as rashes, allergies, dizziness, fatigue, and even shortness of breath.

So don’t let that ruin your routine, make sure after a flooding that you reach out to a professional. There are tests that professionals use that allow them to assess and diagnose the cause while detailing the exact process for mold remediation. And if you had no damage due to the flooding, then at least you were better safe than sorry.

It is important to act on the side of caution as this is an all too common problem with an easy remedy.

0 No comments

Comments are closed.